29 April 2009

just my 'magination. . .

So it's been hella long since I've posted on the blog about sandwiches. . .but word out on the street (specifically, 24th Street in old San Francisco) is that there is a cheesesteak place offering not one, not two, but three non-seitan vegetarian options.

There is a portabello (or is it portabella) mushroom sandwich that sounds insane.  A tofu cheesesteak that seems like it'd be worth trying is on the menu as well.  I'm not sure on the third one, as I have yet to go to this storied sandwich spot.

Oh, and also, there's a Newcastle cheddar sauce (kind of like when Bobby Flay made a provolone cheese wiz on the cheesesteak episode of "Throwdown", but less, I don't know, stupid?).  Tim, if you want me to wait to scope this place out with you, you have about two hours in which to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. I will peep this place next time I'm in SF. In the meantime, wiz away!

    ReplyDelete